MACtac Cookies Policy
If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them using the instructions in this Policy, by following the 'opt-out' links provided below or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited our Site before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Some may contain your personal data which you have provided to us on our Site.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf.
We use first party cookies to:
- allow us to understand what areas of the Site are of interest to you and to determine your preferences so we can better serve and provide you with tailored information from the Site;
- collect technical and navigation data such as information about your web browser and operating system, the frequency of your visits, time spent on the Site, pages visited and, if you arrived at the Site from another website, the URL of that website; and
- monitor the performance and security on our Site.
We use third party cookies to:
- select which advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal the user and display them on the Sites; and
- analyse the data we obtain from our cookies to tell us how you use the Site.
3. How long do we store cookies?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.The duration of the cookies used on our Site is explained in more detail in the table below.
4. What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners in connection with our Site can be classified into one of four categories, namely 'session cookies', 'functionality cookies', 'performance / analytics cookies', and 'advertising / tracking cookies'. We've set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties as set below :
Source : All our websites
Purpose: Session cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through the Site and so that you can use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like access to secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Expiry:Expire when the session is closed by the user.
How to block:Please see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.
Source :All our websites
Purpose : Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to our Site, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on the homepage in order to receive localized information;
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours;
- Show you when you are logged in; and
- Store accessibility options.
- § Without these cookies, some of the functionalities will become inaccessible.
How to block: Please see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.
Performance / Analytics cookie
Source : Google Analytics / QuoteMedia
Purpose : Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Expiry: At the end of the session
How to block: To see an overview of privacy at Google and how to opt out of certain Google practices, visit http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. Please also see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.
Advertising and tracking cookies
Source : All our websites
Purpose : As you use our Site, you will notice that it features advertising. We allow third party advertising companies to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the web. These cookies are anonymous -- they store information about the content you are browsing, but not about who you are. Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you've seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you’ve last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads
Purpose :Check 3rd party advertiser's cookies policy
How to block: All the ad companies or networks that we work with have their own privacy policies and offer a mechanism for users to opt out tracking and behavioral targeting available through the ad itself or through the opt out mechanisms listed in the 'How to control or delete cookies' section below.
5. How to control or delete cookies?
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
a) Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
b) Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
c) Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers)
Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies on our website.
6. Need more information?
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
Attn: Privacy Officer : mailto:Legal@mactaccreative awards.com